Re: about ftp SIZE command

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 16:29:46 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Daniel Lavalliere wrote:

> Due to some some restrictions I have to meet, I am not allowed to execute
> the ftp SIZE command, even if the server supports it. Currently it is done
> automatically. It would be helpfull to have a way to disable the automatic
> SIZE command or to perform a file download/restart using custom commands
> and/or quote only...

I could very well imagine a system where you add FTP commands to a linked list
and then libcurl ignores those commands. It would also resemble how
header-removal is done for HTTP using CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER.

What would you say about that? Anyone else?

Of course, most of the FTP commands libcurl use are vital for its success so
ignoring a random command won't be a good idea. The SIZE command however is
one of those that _can_ be skipped without totally ruining things.