Introducing 'sockfilt'

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 09:12:13 +0200 (CEST)

Hi

I just now committed code to CVS that removes the socket code from the test
suite's perl FTP server and instead it relies on and uses the new 'sockfilt'
program.

sockfilt is a new C program that does all TCP stuff for the test FTP server,
to better allow us to do FTP over IPv6 (and I've already added for test cases
for this) and hopefully soon FTP over SSL (and of course FTP IPv6 over SSL
etc).

Since this is a fairly big change, I tagged files in the tests dir before the
commit and I am interested in getting feedback on how this works for people.
I'll watch the autobuilds closely for a couple of days and try to smoothen out
any problems that may lurk.

This change only affects the test suite.