Re: Compiling for x64 on VS2005 Beta2

From: Cory Nelson <phrosty_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 15:14:07 -0700

On 4/24/05, Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Apr 2005, Cory Nelson wrote:
>
> > First you need to define _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE and
> > _CRT_NONSTDC_NO_DEPRECATE for the whole project, as VS2005 deprecates
> > functions that can cause buffer overflows.
>
> I forgot to ask: which of these functions affect curl/libcurl?

strcpy, strdup, sprintf etc. All the functions that write to a buffer
and don't know the size. VS2005 recommends usage of strcpy_r etc that
take output buffer sizes. I believe these functions are being
accepted into the next C standard, though I can't remember where I
heard that from.

--
Cory Nelson
http://www.int64.org