Re: How-To use NTLM proxy authentication?

From: Augustus Saunders <augustus.saunders_at_verilogix.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:38:27 -0700

Daniel, I have finally gotten around to trying version 13.2, and it
looks like the things I reported are fixed for me. Yay! However, I
found another bug with choosing the authentication type. In url.c, the
following code appears in the Curl_disconnect function:

    data->state.authproxy.picked =
      data->state.authhost.want;

This causes any choice regarding authentication method to be
overwritten. Somewhere along the way, authhost.want gets set to 1,
which winds up as BASIC authentication. The result: if you mistype your
password and retry, subsequent attempts are done with BASIC
authentication (which of course fails). Ooops. So I commented that
line out and things seem to work ok.

Also, for SSPI, I compiled with it turned on. Do I have to do anything
for it to work? I haven't set up a domain controller here to test with
yet; is it likely to "just work"? Thanks-

Augustus