Re: libcurl, squid proxy, failing multipart post

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 01:05:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 6 May 2005 man_at_tfhs.net wrote:

> i have found that i never have the problem if the verbosity level in libcurl
> is 0. if it is turned up to 1, then i get the hanging 9 times out of 10. i
> wonder if both libcurl and squid are waiting a certain amount of time after
> the post header for the body to come across, and sometimes one vs the other
> 'wins' ?

libcurl doesn't wait for anything when Expect: 100-continue isn't used, it
just performs. I guess the added verbose thing makes things go a tad bit
slower than thus more likely to face the situation when the server/proxy
closes the connection before the POST is completed.

Any chance you can add some debug code or something to the Curl_read() and
Curl_write() functoons (in lib/sendf.c)? I would very much like to know what
happens on that level when the connection is "dropped" from the server-side.

I would assume (if this bug wouldn't manifest) that the swrite() call within
Curl_write() returns -1 and that errno (what Curl_ourerrno() returns) contains
ECONNRESET or similar...