stderr crash (was Re: release count-down)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 09:09:03 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 9 May 2005, Ben Greear wrote:

> I have a bug report for you, based on curl 7.13.2, though I think I've seen
> similar bugs on older releases, I just haven't tracked it down so
> thoroughly.
>
> These are very repeatable for me, and happen when I'm shutting down the
> application.
>
> Unfortunately, the app itself is not open source, nor is it a stand-alone
> thing that I could send you for more advanced debugging.
>
> I will help however I can, and could even give you ssh access to my test
> machine if you wish...

To me, it looks like the 'err' field has been overwritten by "something" when
it is about to be used. Either that, or perhaps you have no stderr in your
environment? Does it behave differently if you use CURLOPT_STDERR to direct
the output somewhere?

Otherwise, contact me privately (cut off "-curl" from the address I use here)
with ssh info and I could have a look.