new default HTTP headers

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 12:03:06 +0200 (CEST)

Hi

Starting now, libcurl sends a little different set of HTTP headers in its
default requests:

A) Normal non-proxy HTTP:

  - no more "Pragma: no-cache" (this only makes sense to proxies)

B) Non-CONNECT HTTP request over proxy:

  - "Pragma: no-cache" is used (like before)
  - "Proxy-Connection: Keep-alive" (for older style 1.0-proxies)

C) CONNECT HTTP request over proxy:

  - "Host: [name]:[port]"
  - "Proxy-Connection: Keep-alive"

The A) case is mostly to reduce the default header size and remove a pointless
header.

The B) is to address (rare) problems with HTTP 1.0 proxies

The C) headers are both to address (rare) problems with some proxies. The code
in libcurl that deals with CONNECT requests need a rewrite, but it feels like
a too big a job for me to do now. Details are added in the code comments for
now.

I'm postponing the upcoming release a bit to allow some time for users to test
out all this. I'v also uploaded a 7.14.0-pre2 release, available here:

         http://curl.haxx.se/beta/

If anyone experience any problems with this, please post your findings!