Re: libcurl byte order

From: ER <sheriff_at_excite.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 10:52:04 -0400 (EDT)

In that case, how can I return to the main app at some point to exit without explicitly exiting from the callback?

Thanks,
--ER

Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 16:37:58 +0200 (CEST)
From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
[ Add to Address Book | Block Address | Report as Spam ]
To: <sheriff_at_excite.com>,libcurl development <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Subject: Re: libcurl byte order

On Wed, 18 May 2005, ER wrote:

> I'm using the perform call: curl_easy_perform(curl_handle), and the url
> initiates a stream and the app expects a constant stream of data. How does
> (or should) the callback handles it? I mean, is it called constantly since
> there is a constant flow of data? does it make one call to the callback and
> return? Am I even using the correct functions?

The callback gets called when libcurl has received data for the app to take
care of. It will happen over and over again until the transfer is complete.

If it is a stream, it sounds like an endless thing and your callback will be
called until the end of times! ;-)

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com