RE: share interface

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 16:20:48 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 25 May 2005, Michael Mastroianni wrote:

> Thanks for the example. Of course it was my bug. Sorry to have bothered you.

I'm glad you got it working and that it wasn't a libcurl bug!

> One last pair of questions: do the easy_handles in a multi_handle
> automatically share dns cache and/or cookies, or do they need to be in a
> share, too?

They automatically share DNS cache, but not cookies. Sharing cookies might
have side-effects, so I don't want that to hit people by surprise.

> Also, does the dns cache grow arbitrarily large, or is there a cap?

There's only the time limit for entries and no size limit, so in theory it can
grow substantially. I wouldn't mind adding a setting for max DNS cache size,
but I don't plan on adding such a one in the near future myself.