Re: Problem: After execution of first curlPage, second url points to localhost

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 00:16:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 30 May 2005, Leslie De Jesus wrote:

>> Because you re-used the memory for the URL before libcurl was done with it?
>> Or because you accidentally set a new URL?
>
> I am sure what you mean by this. I set a new url for the second page. The
> main part of the address is subsitute.

Are you saying that you set a URL that is different than what libcurl actually
uses?

>> Can you make a full C source example that repeats this problem?
> I am using this under PHP.

But this mailing list is for libcurl and I assume you ask about libcurl
features and problems. If you want PHP/CURL hints and advice, this is not the
proper place.

You should first make sure that this is not a PHP/CURL issue, and if things
indicate this is a true libcurl issue we should convert your PHP/CURL code to
plain libcurl code so that we can chase the bug(s) without layering it away.

Unfortunately, I know no suitable place to redirect you to for that kind of
support. The curl-and-php mailing list seems to not be visited by any PHP team
members and on the generic PHP lists they seem to be mostly PHP/CURL ignorant.
You are basically left on your own, I'd say.

> Is there a difference between PHP/CURL and libcurl? How do I know which I
> am using?

PHP/CURL[*] is a binding for PHP that is using libcurl. And the PHP/CURL
binding is written and maintained by the PHP team, not by the curl project.

libcurl is the underlying library that PHP/CURL uses.

If you use curl-functions in PHP, you use PHP/CURL.

[*] = The actual name PHP/CURL is what I call the binding. The PHP team calls
       it 'CURL' but I find that grossly misleading and confusing, why I've
       decided to use the name PHP/CURL for it.