Autobuild-logs as attachments?

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 09:39:24 +0200

I have a question about logs sent to curl-autocompile_at_haxx.se:

It turns out that many of my logs are not getting through our firewall
(which contains a mail-proxy) because the log files break RFC 821 w.r.t.
maximum line lenght. In particular, if test 056 fails ('HTTP POST with *HUGE*
request and chunked transfer encoding') it'll generate diffs with extremely
long lines of '+aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa'...

That's why, for example, you don't see my IRIX 6.2 MIPS C 6.2 o32 reports
these days.. that build always fail test 056. The mail from my autobuild
stops in our firewall.

Possibly we could do something about the tests themselves.. but would it be
possible to e.g. make a tar file or something of the log, and send it as an
attachment? Would the autocompile handler be able to handle some form of that?
If so I could presumably add something to my autobuild setups that could
encapsulate the logs so to avoid the RFC 821 line length limit.

-Tor