Re: Autobuild-logs as attachments?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 10:15:54 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, Tor Arntsen wrote:

> Possibly we could do something about the tests themselves..

Yes we could, but it would feel a bit crappy to have to limit or edit the test
cases just because we can't deliver the test case logs properly!

> would it be possible to e.g. make a tar file or something of the log, and
> send it as an attachment? Would the autocompile handler be able to handle
> some form of that? If so I could presumably add something to my autobuild
> setups that could encapsulate the logs so to avoid the RFC 821 line length
> limit.

There's already the curl upload possibility, which allows you to formpost the
logs over to the site using curl. I just recently patched the scripts behind
this approach to work even better.

But if the "plain" mail approach doesn't work and the formpost is not
suitable, I'll be prepared to write up something that allows a tarball, gzip
or whatever as an attachment. Let me know what your tests show and what your
preferred format would be, and I'll work on supporting it.