Re: CURL hangs on connection failure on MAC

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:36:21 +0200

>On Sat, 11 Jun 2005, Hardeep Singh wrote:
>
>> I am using CURL version 7.12.3.
>> I have compiled curl as static library on MAC OS X Panther.
>>
>> Now when I send HTTP request and before the response comes back from server,
>> if I disconnect the network connection the CURL just hangs.

What do you mean by 'disconnect the network'? Pulling the cable or somehow closing
the socket? If the former, then it *should* "hang", TCP/IP shouldn't notice any
physical disconnects. It's designed to handle it transparently so that you can
fix and re-route in case of physical network problems.

[...]

>> In my code I set the timeout to 180 seconds, but that I think won't be used
>> in this case as CURL was able to connect to server.

Timeouts should of course work as usual in any case.

-Tor