required libraries

From: Andy Hobbs <andy_at_hobbs.uk.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 15:07:33 +0100

Hi,

I have been using libcurl successfully for quite a while now DYNAMICALLY
linked (on linux 2.4) I am now truing to statically link my app to increase
performance and having trouble with the order of libraries on the command
line to ld

If I query curl-config I get the following

[andy_at_dev Server]$ curl-config --libs
-L/usr/local/lib -lcurl -L/usr/kerberos/lib -L/lib -lidn -lssl -lcrypto -ldl
-lssl -lcrypto -lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5 -lcom_err -lk5crypto -lresolv -ldl -lz
-lz
[andy_at_dev Server]$

This shows libssl, libdl and libz twice. Do I need these in twice or can I
remove the second instance of each of these (especially the -lz twice one
after the other!)

Thanks
Andy