Locking a file on the Http Server

From: Haber, Orna <Orna.Haber_at_ca.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 20:47:04 -0400

Question:

I would like to lock a file I access via Http (using curl library).

The situation I'm trying to guard is:

Different processes running on different machines that may access the
same file by Http (using curl lib).

I would like the first process to lock the file so that other processes
running on different machines

Will not be able to access this file, until the lock is released.

I was reading about the shared object and the locking that curl
provides.

I can tell the shared object what data I want to share.

The problem is that this feature allows several easy handles share the
same shared handle.

Can I share the same shared handle across different machines?

Any ideas how I can achieve this locking by Curl?

Thanks,

  Orna