Réf. : Re: Awaiting an Answer for Wiin 32 Install

From: Philippe HAMEAU <philippe.hameau_at_sagem.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 11:01:16 +0200

1) You download curl-7.xx.x-win32-ssl-devel-mingw32.zip on libcurl
download page
2) You open this .zip with your favorite app (Winzip ?)
3) you copy all the .a file of the zip to c:\dev-cpp\lib directory
3) you copy include/curl/*.h to c:\dev-cpp\include\curl\*.h
4) you copy libcurl.dll to some place in the PATH (c:\windows\system32 or
c:\winnt\system32 should work)
5) you do whatever you want with the docs\ directory, but keep it not too
far away

Now LibCurl is installed in Dev CPP

All you have to do now is to tell GCC (the compiler used by dev cpp) to
use the functions provided by libCurl in your app.
1) you have to include in you .c libcurl's headers (ie function
prototypes)
2) now that the compiler know about all libcurl functions NAMES, you have
to tell it to add the library the IMPLEMENTS the job.
To do that, in dev-cpp : Tools -> compiler options -> add these commands
to the linker commandline -> "-lcurl " without the quotes if you want to
include curl library statically or "-lcurldll" if you want to include curl
dynamically (ie with the dll).

When you compile, all of your files that #include "curl/curl.h" know about
libcurl functions. (this make .o files)
When you link, libcurl library will be included so that a .exe will be
generated (the link step takes all the .o files containing the function
names and relocates them so that a call to whatsoever function will
effectively jump to the right place in the right .o).

Phil

Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>

Envoyé par : curl-library-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se
23/06/2005 00:15
Veuillez répondre à libcurl development
Remis le : 23/06/2005 00:28

        Pour : libcurl development <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
        cc : (ccc : Philippe HAMEAU/DRD/SAGEM)
        Objet : Re: Awaiting an Answer for Wiin 32 Install

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005, T kyer wrote:

> The Dev C++/lib folder contains only *.a & *.o library files none of the

> *.lib variety.

So "Dev C++" builds static libs with a .a extension then?

You tried the download wizard? http://curl.haxx.se/dlwiz/

> "That looks totally wrong. -lcurl would be a linker option, not a file.
You
> probably also need to use -L in combination with -l."

> I also tried Dev C++ Project options/Parameters/Links I inserted -lcurl
as a
> parameter with no results. I'm not sure about the -L. Are these
(-lcurl,-L)
> seperated by commas and what is their purpose.

Try your Dev C++ manual on how to link with a given static lib in a
specified
directory.