Awaiting an Answer for Win 32 Install

From: T kyer <xdtrq_at_ananzi.co.za>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 23:12:46 +0200

Thanks for your help Philippe. I not only redownloaded the
curl-7.13.0-win32-ssl-devel-mingw32.zip but also checked
its md5 checksum. No errors were detected and both the
first and second downloads were identical. Attached is a
copy of this file curl-7.13.0-win32-ssl-devel-mingw32.zip.
Are there any header and aux files missing? Thanks.

One question - I have installed curl in the folder
C:\Dev..\include\libcurl\. I have included in the MAIN
program #include "libcurl/curl.h" to direct the linking
process to the right file. However I have noticed that curl
header and aux files use "curl/curl.h". Although I have
tried both methods in my installation without any
noticeable differences, which one is correct or can both be
used? Could this be causing problems?

I've included the simple example code I'm using that is
giving me no end of grief. This is an example included with
curl. As you can see I have included all the define and
include statements I can think of.

  /*****************************************************************************
   * _ _ ____ _
   * Project ___| | | | _ \| |
   * / __| | | | |_) | |
   * | (__| |_| | _ <| |___
   * \___|\___/|_| \_\_____|
   *
   * $Id: getinfo.c,v 1.2 2004/11/22 16:24:46 bagder Exp $
   */
  #define CURL_STATICLIB
  #include <stdio.h>
  #include "libcurl/curl.h"

  int main(void)
  {
    CURL *curl;
    CURLcode res;

    /* http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_easy_init.html */
    curl = curl_easy_init();
    if(curl) {
      /*
http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_easy_setopt.html#CURLOPTURL
*/
      curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, "curl.haxx.se");
      /*
http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_easy_perform.html */
      res = curl_easy_perform(curl);

      if(CURLE_OK == res) {
        char *ct;
        /* ask for the content-type */
        /*
http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_easy_getinfo.html */
        res = curl_easy_getinfo(curl,
CURLINFO_CONTENT_TYPE, &ct);

        if((CURLE_OK == res) && ct)
          printf("We received Content-Type: %s\n", ct);
      }

      /* always cleanup */
      /*
http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_easy_cleanup.html */