Re: Awaiting an Answer for Win 32 Install

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 23:49:44 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, T kyer wrote:

> Thanks for your help Philippe. I not only redownloaded the
> curl-7.13.0-win32-ssl-devel-mingw32.zip

It contains libcurl.a (static lib version) and libcurl.dll, as well as the
curl header files.

> One question - I have installed curl in the folder
> C:\Dev..\include\libcurl\. I have included in the MAIN program #include
> "libcurl/curl.h" to direct the linking process to the right file. However I
> have noticed that curl header and aux files use "curl/curl.h".

Yes, that (#include <curl/curl.h>) is how it should be made. Which incidently
is how all examples do it.

> Although I have tried both methods in my installation without any noticeable
> differences

You need to tell your compiler where that 'curl' dir is, with the -I option.

And you tell your linker where your libs are, with the -L option.