Curl downloading timeouts/speed issues with many concurrent downloads?

From: Michael Mastroianni <MMastroianni_at_choicestream.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 13:29:46 -0400

I'm using 12.3.1, and seem to be having problems on one of our test
servers. I have an application which concurrently downloads many urls
using the easy interface on lots of threads (for various reasons, the
multi interface isn't something I can easily accommodate.). Anyway, on
one of our linux boxes, my application times out 50% of the time, and
gets DNS failures 21% of the time (this is pretty rare on our windows
boxes). But if I wget these urls on the command line on the machine,
they download just fine.

I'm trying to hunt down what flavor of Red Hat the thing is running.

Here's what I get if I do a uname -a

Linux apptest01.choicestream.com 2.4.20-6 #1 Thu Feb 27 10:06:59 EST
2003 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Does this ring a bell with anyone? Has anyone else reported such
behavior?

Thanks for any help

Michael Mastroianni