Delayed Responce from CURL for Link Failure

From: Srikumar Bonda <srikumar_at_mail.mic.co.in>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 16:12:28 +0530

Hi,
I am using libcurl version 7.9.6 with Redhat Linux 9.0
I am using libcurl API with C language to upload files to a remote server.
I am running two different applications, one for Uploading the files and
another for monitoring the Link status. Both applications make use of
libcurl API and not using any kind of threads as they are completely
independent processes which will run as daemons. The second application
will check the availability of Server by just logging-in with URL. The
second application will run independent of File Uploading. The second
application returning with CURLE CODE for Remote Connection
Success/Failure. Everyting is working fine until there is no Link
Failures. If i manually disconnect the Link from my system when the
File Uploading is going, The second Application is blocking when
executing curl_easy_perform(). It is taking 8 to 10 mins to come out
with Link Failure CURL Code (Socket Error 113).
Please let me know the problem

Thanks in Advance

Srikumar B