using libcurl with java on linux

From: Jeph <snofink_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 16:19:26 -0400

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to get linbcurl working with java on linux for a
while now, and
have had no success. I tried searching through the mailing list and
could find nothing which helps me, so I was wondering if anyone could
point me in the right direction.

I found Javacurl (http://sourceforge.net/projects/javacurl) which of
course is linked directly from the java section of the libcurl page,
but it seems to be very windows-centric. The extension includes (and
imports in the java code) several windows DLLs.

When I import the eclipse plugin and the included test project, and
try to run it, I get an error saying "Critical libraries couldn't be
loaded" which occurs in CurlGlue.java where the windows libraries are
loaded.

So, can I bypass that eclipse project and just use the JNI? If so,
how? I couldn't find any documentation? Or is there a better way?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jeff Theroux