Howto install certificate ?

From: Arvind Sachdeva <asachdeva_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 17:26:55 +0530

This is in context to accessing https based sites using curl.
I have specified a folder for storing certificates using
CURLOPT_CAPATH. I want to download a certificate from a site and
install it into the path specified above. This certificate is not
issued by a standard authority but I am sure of its validity.

Can anybody help me in steps to do this.
How can I download the certificate, Any command line to do it ? I
tried using firefox to access the url, it stored the certificate in
the cert8.db file(after prompting me). Can I extract the certificate
from cert8.db, convert it to PEM and put at the specified location ?

What can I use to convert it into PEM format ?

-Arvind Sachdeva.