Makefile Issues

From: T kyer <xdtrq_at_ananzi.co.za>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 20:45:30 +0200

I'm trying to compile the latest version - curl v7.14.0
Without SSL operating under Windows 98se for mingw and I'm
running into impossible problems. First the static library
Makefile.m32 claims

"## Makefile for building libcurl.a with MingW32 (GCC-3.2)
AND
## OPTIONALLY OpenSSL (0.9.7)"

Unlike Makefile.m32 where the option of selecting SSL is
made available by selecting the option make -f Makefile.m32
[SSL=0]. This option appears to do nothing.

Second DevCpp in a windows environment refuses to act on
Makefile.m32 to create a project Build based on this
makefile. Not a serious enough issue but worthy of note.
I'm told that this might be because of the lack of
standardization rules for makefiles.

Third using make.exe with the command line executing either

make -f Makefile.m32 as per instructions with $Id:
Makefile.m32,v 1.32 2004/12/19 11:52:31 giva Exp $
or
make -f Makefile.m32 [SSL=0]

I get the following error

gcc: installation problem cannot exec `cc1plus': No such
file or directory
[file.o] Error 1.

No matter what I do there seems to be no way to correct for
this issue.
I even tried to create the project.dev file by adding one
file at a time aux files (*.c)and then (*.c & *.h) to the
project. Nothing works . In fact I keep getting the same
error.

I need some serious help here. As soon as I complete this I
will make the compiled static library available to the
members.

Any thoughts Thanks in advance.