Re: redirects and their bodies

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:09:29 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005, Michael Wallner wrote:

> So my application fails because I get an invalid HTTP message from curl
> telling me a Content-Length of 214, while I don't get a body... :-/

When you set CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, you ask libcurl to follow locations and
then it provides the body of the final page and not from any of those that
contain the Location: headers. That's a design decision I made many eons ago.

If you want the full bodies, don't ask libcurl to follow the redirects but
handle that yourself.

Or optionally, convince us why this is a handy feature and provide a patch
that introduces this feature!