Re: curl_getdate and timezones

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 00:26:41 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005, Ralph Mitchell wrote:

> Just wondering, does any of the date/time code make any assumptions about
> when Daylight Saving Time flips over in the US?? The President is about to
> sign legislation that alters the changeover dates, to be effective in 2007.
> Summer time will start 3 weeks earlier and end 1 week later, apparently.
> If that has any potential for biting us, now's the time to take evasive
> action...

Things like this is the very reason why I don't want to deal with daylight
savings time... :)

But, I guess we can just assume that if you use the daylight savings time zone
name, we mean that the time zone is then actually using daylight saving and we
can ignore what particular rules the time zone goes under.

Like if you ask for the time for "2007 jan 15 12:00:00 PDT" it is one hour off
from "2007 jan 15 12:00:00 PST" simply based on the time zone name. (Assuming
PDT is the PST equivalent one hour off.) We can then ignore if people in PST
actually will have daylight savings on January 15th 2007 or not.