RE: Time for next round!

From: Jeff Pohlmeyer <yetanothergeek_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 15:03:44 -0500

Something I wasn't aware of until our recent discussion is that
if I set CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE more than once, I assumed that the
cookie list would be replaced, rather than appended.

For instance, if I have a file "cookies.one" that contains the line:
Set-Cookie: SECRET=ForYourEyesOnly; expires=Thu, 01-Jun-2006 19:00:00
GMT; path=/;

And a file named "cookies.two" that contains:
Set-Cookie: PUBLIC=InTheTabloids; expires=Thu, 01-Jun-2006 19:00:00 GMT; path=/;

It is not-so-obvious to me that the code below will send the _first_ cookie
to the _second_ server:

  curl_easy_setopt(c, CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE, "cookies.one");
  curl_easy_setopt(c, CURLOPT_URL, "http://www.yahoo.com/");
  curl_easy_perform(c);
  curl_easy_setopt(c, CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE, "cookies.two");
  curl_easy_setopt(c, CURLOPT_URL, "http://www.google.com/");
  curl_easy_perform(c);

Maybe the docs could mention something like:
 "If this option is used more than once, the cookies from subsequent
 files will be appended to the original list."

Regards,
 - Jeff