Re[4]: gethostbyname_thread: Access Violation

From: Igor Polyakov <ipolyakov_at_issart.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 17:49:05 +0700

Hello, Daniel,

>> As I understand, resolver thread is created within
>> hosttre.c/init_resolve_thread, it is terminated in
>> hosttre.c/Curl_wait_for_resolv.
> Any news on this problem?

I've really detected that resolver thread handle obtained from
_beginthreadex in init_resolve_thread is deallocated only in the case
of calling curl_easy_perform, which calls Curl_wait_for_resolv, which
calls CloseHandle.

In the case of using multi interface handle is never deallocated !
Neither in case of success of resolving operation, nor on failure.

So we always have at least resource leak in the case of using multi
interface. At most we have Access Violation as in my example.

Do you offer me to search fix for this bug, changing libcurl internals
?

In this case where can I checkout latest version of libcurl sources to
edit them ?

--
Best regards,
 Igor Polyakov                            mailto:ipolyakov_at_issart.com