Re[4]: gethostbyname_thread: Access Violation

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 13:06:52 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Igor Polyakov wrote:

> I've really detected that resolver thread handle obtained from
> _beginthreadex in init_resolve_thread is deallocated only in the case of
> calling curl_easy_perform, which calls Curl_wait_for_resolv, which calls
> CloseHandle.

Ok, so we should make sure that it gets killed properly when the conn struct
gets freed (in case it is still alive then), so that it works fine with the
multi interface too.

Is that what you're saying?

> Do you offer me to search fix for this bug, changing libcurl internals ?

Yes please. I have no means of repeating this problem and I can't test any
fixes, should I attempt to make any. It would certainly be a lot easier if you
could attempt to make a fix for this. I would really like to see this fixed in
the next release!

BTW, you should probably try the most recent sources first before you even
attempt any fix. I've noticed that parts of my previous confusion came from
the fact that there was a kill-a-thread fix done in hostthre.c after the
previous release and thus this problem might have been fixed already...

> In this case where can I checkout latest version of libcurl sources to edit
> them ?

Get the 7.14.0 sources from http://curl.haxx.se/download.html

  or

get the sources off CVS, as described here: http://curl.haxx.se/cvs.html

  or

get a daily snapshot of the recent sources here:
http://cool.haxx.se/curl-daily/