Re: perl and formadd()

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 07:54:28 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, TEXTORIS Julien wrote:

> There is not a lot of help on WWW::Curl::easy on perl's pages, so i read
> liburl's pages, which tell to see the C/C++ description for example.

I hope I don't upset anyone now, but the perl binding is hopelessly outdated
and haven't been touched for several years AFAIK. It was never complete and
over time it just gets worse, since libcurl evolves constantly and if I may
say so, at quite some speed during periods.

I can only recommend that your perl script uses the curl command line tool
instead of the binding.

I write lots of perl scripts doing curl tasks almost daily, many of them for
paying customers, and I'm sorry to say this but I ruled out the binding option
ages ago.

> So i tried without it to test and i got a segfault !

I guess the only sane thing for you to do, should you really want to go down
this road, is to bring up your debugger and your text editor and get ready for
some research, debugging and patching.

I'm sure others will appreciate this area being addressed. The libcurl
bindings for PHP, python, tcl and others are far superior.

> Would you understand where the error come from, and/or know where i can find
> a more precise documentation for perl ?

By reading the sources, I'd guess. And by getting a general understanding of
how libcurl (the c API) works.

Good luck!