The Distro Dilemma

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 10:57:43 +0200 (CEST)

Hey

I wrote down all details I could think of in the "Distro Dilemma" being
discussed back and forth lately. (About libcurl linking with OpenSSL or GnuTLS
and the related license issues.)

It is now available online here:

         http://curl.haxx.se/legal/distro-dilemma.html

Feel free to point out my mistakes, and please share the info to suitable
persons involved in affected distributions. Should you know any.

I decided not to personally get involved in the debian-devel discussions any
further, as I intend to stand on the libcurl side in this and make sure we
have a good project approach to this - for all distros and operating systems.

(That document is also known as docs/DISTRO-DILEMMA and is now included in the
source release archive.)