Re: Using libcurl/SSL with in-core certificate - solved

From: Harshal Pradhan <keeda_at_hotpop.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 17:33:46 +0530

Dan Fandrich wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 03:39:04PM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>
> Surely, other public projects have encountered exactly the same problem
> and have solved them somehow. It seems to me that effort spent now
> in solving this problem would be most efficiently spent in investigating
> one of those projects (whether Mozilla or others) with a reasonable
> philosophy of cert inclusion (including the licensing issues), and simply
> reusing their bundle. Effort spent up front in this would, if successful,
> save lots of ongoing effort in adding and updating certs.

Looks like Mozilla is currently in the process of drafting a formal
policy about their cert bundle. Now might be a good time to raise this
with them and get things clarified.

http://www.hecker.org/mozilla/cert-policy-submitted
http://www.hecker.org/mozilla/ca-certificate-policy

In case anyone does want to follow up with the mozilla folks, the
contact person is Frank Hecker(hecker@hecker.org http://www.hecker.org)
and the place to ask is the netscape.public.mozilla.crypto newsgroup.

Harshal