RE: seg fault in Curl_hash_clean

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 20:08:06 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005, Michael Mastroianni wrote:

> We've been using ares, because we were having crashes in the windows
> resolver in 7.12.0 (that's actually the version we're using). I remember
> seeing mail about that getting fixed on this list. Are there any other
> reasons I'd want to use ares with 7.14.1?

On Windows you get most (if not all) benefits of c-ares natively by the use of
the threaded resolver. I can't come up with any good reason to use c-ares,
unless you want to keep the number of threads down or you experience other
problems with the resolver (and of course such problems ought to be fixed if
there are any left).