configuration

From: Michael Mastroianni <MMastroianni_at_choicestream.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 15:22:12 -0400

Trying to build the latest on linux using icc. If I do export CCC=gcc
and export CC=gcc, it configures, builds, and tests fine. But if I set
CCC and CC to icc, I get a compile error

icc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../include -I../lib -I../lib -g -c hostip4.c -MD
-MF .deps/hostip4.TPlo -KPIC -DPIC -o .libs/hostip4.o

hostip4.c(233): warning #167: argument of type "int *" is incompatible
with parameter of type "struct hostent **restrict"

                          &h_errnop);

                          ^

hostip4.c(233): error #165: too few arguments in function call

                          &h_errnop);

                                   ^

hostip4.c(229): warning #556: a value of type "int" cannot be assigned
to an entity of type "struct hostent *"

      h = gethostbyname_r(hostname,

apparently, the configure script chose the wrong version of
gethostbyname. Has anyone here built libcurl using icc? How do I get the
configuration script to do this right, or should I change a makefile or
something?

Thanks,
Michael Mastroianni