Re: multithreads or multi interface

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 11:17:04 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005, Alexander Lazic wrote:

> You are right the apr is very big :-(
> I think this is the problem of the *most* portable libs, imho.

I believe libcurl is a lot more portable than APR. The "problem" with APR when
you use it for a simple thing like a HTTP library is that you get a huge set
of other portable functions that you don't necessarily need nor want.

But of course, the size of APR is not always an issue to people when more
applications use it since you may already have it installed and in use.

> Well i will use the libcurl with threads it's an valid solution, isn't it?

It is. There are numerous users who use libcurl in application with up to
hundreds or even thousands of simultanous threads.