Re: compiling with ssl, single-threaded, on winders

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 20:51:51 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Raul Carolus wrote:

> I'm trying to compile the library as single-threaded. I've compiled the ssl
> library as single-threaded already.

I'm not really familiar with what building it as single-threaded means. But:

> libcurl.lib(hostthre.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> __beginthreadex

... is used by lib/hostthre.c which is the Windows threaded name resolver. You
can indeed build libcurl to use a non-threaded resolver instead. You can then
opt for:

  A) the synchronous name resolver - make sure lib/setup.h doesn't define the
     USE_THREADING_* defines and rebuild

  B) the asynchronous name resolver - build c-ares and make libcurl use that at
     build time, by defining USE_ARES when compiling

I hope this answers your question!