Re: re re no server response

From: <man_at_tfhs.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 17:38:49 -0000

>> Have you checked with a network analyzer if libcurl have the same idea
>> of the network traffic?
>>
>> If so, I can't see how you can do anything else but to use a timeout
>> and bail
>> out if the server decides to hang on you!
>
> Network Utility on the server machine (Mac OSX) (which I have access to,
> locally BTW) says that it has sent packets back.
>
> But back on the PC where the curl client resides I am getting nothing
> back.

more than number of packets, can you look at contents? maybe get a tcpdump
on both sides of the connection? using an app like ethereal can really
help you analyse the issue.

what is the network between the machines like? any content filters or
routers or proxies that might do something silly like drop SACKs?

allan