RE: postit2.c

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 13:06:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, Prakash, Swayam (GE Consumer & Industrial) wrote:

> Thanks.. I was able to install the lib libcurl at a specified directory -
> using the --prefix option with Configure.
>
> $cc http-post.c -L./lib -llibcurl
>
> Am I doing thr rigth thing?

This is not the best forum to learn how to use your C compiler. I would advice
that you first get some basic knowledge in how it works before you attempt to
use build applications using libcurl with it.

-L should identify the directory in which you installed libcurl and -l is the
lib to use (which is usually without the 'lib' in the name).

In most cases you will need to link with more libs than just libcurl.
"curl-config --libs" tells you the full set.