newbie question about receiving data

From: Howell, Andrew <a.howell_at_moeller.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 14:10:10 +0100

Hello,

        first, thanks for cURL, libcurl etc.

I hope I've got the correct mailing list.

I'm trying to do a simple test with libcurl:

curl_easy_init()
curl_easy_setopt(handle, CURLOPT_URL, 'url')
curl_easy_perform(handle)
curl_easy_cleanup(handle)

I'm using WinXP, with Jeff Phillips' libcurl-7.13.1-ssl-zlib-ares binary
distribution.
I'm calling from a 16bit application through a 32bit thunking library and
unfortunately I don't think there is any way I can hook in a callback
function. Is there any way I can get a pointer to the received data in
memory? I don't want to fwrite a file. As I understand it, default behaviour
is for the output to be written to stdout but I don't know how I can read
that either.

Apart from that, everything seems to be working (the 'perform' call is
returning 0) but there's another odd thing. If I have the protocol at the
begging of the URL, (eg 'http://www.something.com' instead of
'www.something.com') then curl_easy_perform() returns 6 -
CURLE_COULDNT_RESOLVE_HOST.

--