Re: libcurl3 optional package

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 08:04:43 -0700

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 10:28:43AM +0200, Domenico Andreoli wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 10:13:16AM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> > Actually I think Dan is the one who can provide the best answer(s) to this
> > as he is the one made the changes in the curl configure script (on March
> > 11th 2005) that I think is what is referred to here.
>
> ah, great!
>
> Dan, do you confirm that libldap.so.2 is used here and that it is enough
> to make libcurl3 suggest libldap2 package instead of recommending the
> libldap2-dev one?

The configure change I made checks which .so file to use at compile time
by following the link from libcurl.so. The result is displayed in the
configure script, so you can verify it. You could also cheat and check the
binary with:

strings /usr/lib/libcurl.so.3 | egrep 'libldap|liblber'

This change was mentioned in the CHANGES file.

>>> Dan