timed_connect(), timed_send(), timed_recv()

From: <iler_ml_at_fastmail.fm>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 13:28:50 -0700

I have functions timed_connect(), timed_recv(), timed_send()
that I wrote in the past, which are wrappers around, correspondingly,
connect/recv/send. These functions ensure time-limits for
connect/send/recv
by means of poll without use of signals and without OS-specific socket
options.
(To make timeouts computing very easy, these functions accept both max
amount millisec per operation and/or ending timeval. This eliminates
need for any timeout recalculations when sequence of sends/receives is
involved).

Would it be useful if I submit a patch that removes use of signals
in easy mode by using these timed functions ? (see P.S for
compatibility
consideration).

Yakov Lerner

P.S. The method of timeout handing in easy API
(signals/nosignals("new")) can be run-time option, with default set to
"signals" in order to preserve 100% compatibility -- in case
compatibility issues can arise ?

--

  iler_ml_at_fastmail.fm