generic questions about lib-curl

From: Mehmet Fidanboylu <mehmetf_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 16:27:25 -0700

Hi all,

Thanks for supplying this fantastic library.. I have a few questions about it..

1. I heard people have successfully replaced openSSL with some other
library within CURL.. How hard is this process? What kind of workload
are we looking at here? Please assume that the library I want to put
in has all the required features..

2. Does libcurl free any strings that are passed in through setopt
functions? My guess is no even when cleanup is called..

3. Has anyone attempted to replace CURL's timer mechanism? How hard is that?

Thanks,
Mehmet.