Re: Project hiper - High Performance libcurl

From: Jamie Lokier <jamie_at_shareable.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 13:53:37 +0000

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> Of course, I'm not sure how that will benefit or affect Windows users as I
> don't know if there are any high performance event systems that are
> portable enough to work more or less similar on Windows as on *nix.

Windows has an Event API that is theoretically scalable in the same
way as the good *nix ones. (I know of it, but haven't used it or
measured it).

However, to use that in a scalable fashion, I think you have to do
"overlapped I/O" - which is roughly equivalent to asynchronous I/O on
*nix platforms.

I think it's possible to use overlapped I/O to efficiently provide a
non-blocking I/O interface, but I haven't thought very hard abou it.

-- Jamie