Re: SOCKS5 under cygwin.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 10:49:23 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, Joe Khoobyar wrote:

> I still haven't had time to dig further and I probably won't until after we
> finish moving to our new townhouse, but here's the lines that piqued my
> interest.

The code has been like this for "ages" so I don't think we'll suffer much if
it remains so for another few weeks...

> Lines 689-697: lib/connect.c  (same function: singleipconnect())
>
>   if((WAITCONN_TIMEOUT == rc) &&
>      (data->state.used_interface == Curl_if_multi)) {
>     /* Timeout when running the multi interface */
>     return sockfd;
>   }
>
>   conected = verifyconnect(sockfd, &error);

I spotted this too, but I couldn't make the conditionals add up to support
what you saw.

But of course, if you can repeat the problem you could probably also very
easily just make sure the verifyconnect() function is called before the return
in case of multi interface and test if it makes your case any better...