Random crash in Curl_resolv

From: Prasanna Vijapur - Sun Microsystems <Prasanna.Vijapur_at_sun.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 12:06:08 -0500

Hi,

My program crashes in Curl_resolv while trying to post the data. I am
using libcurl 7.14.0.
This is multithreaded program and uses https. The C-ares library is not
linked.
This happens on Solaris 9. According to Curl documentation I saw that

"libcurl is completely thread safe, except for two issues: signals and
SSL/TLS handlers. Signals are used
time outing name resolves (during DNS lookup) - when built without
c-ares support and not on Windows.."

The IP address is provided in the url, Will linking with C-ares help me?
Even when ipaddress is provided, curl does the signal handling for
timing out the dns name resolve.
line numbers:3374 to 3385 in url.c
Can this be avoided?

The crash is random and does not occur always, hence I will not be able
to provide sample
code to simulate the problem. Please help me in resolving this.

Thanks & Regards,
Prasanna