Re: numerical IPv6 address compliance

From: Ralph Mitchell <ralphmitchell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 20:37:26 -0600

Well, I know virtually nothing about IPv6, but that "%eth2" looks like it's
part of the target host address, seeing as it comes before the ":8080" port
number. Could it be as simple as "send this out via the eth2 interface"??
If so,I suppose when converting the string to a binary IPv6 address, you
need to somehow attach routing to make sure it goes through eth2.

Would the % need to be escaped at all?? I wouldn't expect it to reach the
target if it's specifying routing.

Just my $0.02, in case it inspires someone else... :)

Ralph Mitchell