Re: Logging into a site

From: ccs <ccs_at_charlescrumesoftware.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 19:53:45 -0500

> Message: 8
> Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:54:45 -0800
> From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
> Subject: Re: Logging into a site
> To: curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se
>
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 05:50:14PM -0500, ccs wrote:
>> $c = curl_init(https://secure.registerapi.com/account/login.php); // have
>> tried other URLs
>
> Unless PHP/CURL allows this method of setting a URL (in which case I would
> expect the URL would have to be in quotes),

Yes it does. I have successfully retrieved various pages setting the URL in
the curl_init function. Also, the URL is in quotes in the source PHP file
(which I copied and pasted -- so don't know why the quotes are missing
here).

> this isn't where you set it--
> you need to specify it as a curl_setopt with CURLOPT_URL.

The documentation for curl_init()
(http://www.zend.com/manual/function.curl-init.php) says one can place the
URL in the function call OR use curl_setopt(). Don't know why this would be
the cause of the problem I am experiencing.

Charles...