Re: hiper-patch

From: Alexander Lazic <al-curllibrary_at_none.at>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 11:22:21 +0100

On Die 20.12.2005 11:13, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>On Tue, 20 Dec 2005, Alexander Lazic wrote:
>
>>should i use the latest cvs from curl && c-ares for the patch, or can i
>>use the latest stable versions?
>
>I don't know. I've based it on the latest CVS version but I believe it
>will apply cleanly on 7.15.1 as well.

Then i must do something wrong:

wget http://curl.haxx.se/download/curl-7.15.1.tar.bz2
wget http://daniel.haxx.se/projects/c-ares/c-ares-1.3.0.tar.gz
wget http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/hiper/hiper-1.patch

tar xfvj curl-7.15.1.tar.bz2
tar tfvz c-ares-1.3.0.tar.gz
mv c-ares-1.3.0 curl-7.15.1/ares
cd curl-7.15.1
patch -p0 < ../hiper-1.patch

---
patching file ares/Makefile.inc
patching file ares/ares.h
Hunk #1 FAILED at 70.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 108.
Hunk #3 succeeded at 155 (offset -22 lines).
2 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file ares/ares.h.rej
patching file ares/ares_getsock.c
patching file lib/ftp.c
patching file lib/ftp.h
patching file lib/hostares.c
patching file lib/hostip.h
patching file lib/hostsyn.c
patching file lib/multi.c
patching file lib/multiif.h
patching file lib/setup.h
Hunk #1 succeeded at 245 (offset -18 lines).
patching file lib/transfer.c
patching file lib/transfer.h
patching file lib/url.c
patching file lib/url.h
patching file lib/urldata.h
patching file tests/server/sws.c
---
---
patch -v
patch 2.5.4
Copyright 1984-1988 Larry Wall
Copyright 1989-1999 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
You may redistribute copies of this program
under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.
written by Larry Wall and Paul Eggert
---
What do you mean?
Alex