Automating telnet sessions with libcurl

From: Adam M <curl_at_irotas.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 12:30:44 -0500

Hi,

I am researching various ways for automating telnet sessions to a Cisco
switch. One idea that came up was to use libcurl (C or C++ binding) to
log into the switch via telnet and issue the various commands that we
would like to send (e.g., sending ACL commands).

Unfortunately, I have been unsuccessful in locating any examples of
using libcurl for this sort of purpose, so I'm wondering if it's perhaps
out of scope for the library.

Any advice/direction here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam