Re: proxy probs (was Re: What You Can Do To Help!)

From: Jean-Marc Desperrier <jmdesp_at_free.fr>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 20:41:52 +0100

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> First, libcurl has no speific support for proxies in FTP since that is
> not part of the protocol. Hoever, Most FTP proxies just force a weird
> input set and libcurl can do that.
>
> libcurl has full and extensive support for HTTP proxies. If you want
> to transfer HTTP via a proxy, you need to tell libcurl about it. If
> you do and your customer is setting up things correctly, I seriously
> cannot see how this can be libcurl's fault.
At a time I tried to proxy LDAP requests through an HTTP proxy with
CURLOPT_HTTPPROXYTUNNEL
<http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_easy_setopt.html#CURLOPTHTTPPROXYTUNNEL>
and the behaviour looked quite buggy. The first request was going
through as wanted, but all the following ones looked like there was some
serious mix-up.
Need to try with the latest version and I still see problems to report
it extensively.