Re: AIX test 509 autobuild

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 10:36:55 +0100

On Dec 9, 21:40, Yang Tse wrote:
>Tor,
>
>No doubt that was an extensive description !
>
>Just one thing you haven't mentioned is if '-rpath' has been tried.

I don't remember if I looked into that, but it could possibly be
useful for the 509 test program (it wouldn't fix the other problem
with curl and shared lib ares, but we'll find a way someday).

>And as an aside, do you think its worthwhile including a dbx stack
>trace in the logs for the AIX systems which are failing to execute
>curl ?

Usually the reason for curl not starting is a dynamic loader problem
and then it wouldn't be useful. But I notice there's currently one
which apparently fails with a core dump. If there's an easy way
to get that stack trace it might be useful. But I fear it will
be tricky, I never managed to load gdb or anything unless it
was built statically (and there's all that stuff with re-linking
and startup script generated by libtool etc.)

-Tor